22.9.08

running to stand still

I went grocery shopping yesterday. Not just running in to pick up essentials like milk and veggies, but all the secondary things that you can keep pushing 'til next week (or until it all runs out at the same time). Stuff like freezer bags and paper towel.

It was heavenly.

The last six weeks have been undoubtedly the busiest of my life. The kind of busy where investing two hours to grocery shop is out of the question. The kind of busy where each week has a new major priority that takes over your life. The kind of busy where your focus and attention is split between a million different things.

The business trip. The photoshoots. The race. The concert. The new team launch. At vying for my attention, all now complete, and all successful. Fall has finally arrived. My team is now two weeks in and running full steam ahead. The house already has the joists in and the financing secured.

The craziness has ended, and the craziness begins anew.


Although the concept of routine is finally a plausible reality, I do have lingering regret that I was unable to write this summer. I started this blog to document my journey from Guy With Camera and No Skills to Guy With Slightly Better Camera and Some Skills, and a huge portion of that journey has occurred these past months.

I can't wait to share it with you.

2.9.08. Cropped to 3X5, slight colour correction.

No comments: